Saturday, February 19, 2011

A REQUEST AND A LITTLE BAD NEWS

First I want to know from the followers of this blog to let me know what I can do to improve my blog other than do a better job of copy editing which is a problem related to my eyesight.  Either comment on the blog or contact me directly at sgreen@grolen.com .  Also if you have been entering the advertisor portals on my site ( BARNES & NOBLE, POWELL'S ,AMAZON ) please let me know at my personal email address, sgreen@grolen.com . I suspect that there is an error in Google software.


Now the bad news.  As some of you may know already Borders Bookstores is closing and that means hundreds of sites that sell magazines which are themselves paying markets for poetry.  I am sure that poetry  markets are going to close down because of this or are they ?  Folks please comment.

2 comments:

  1. Regarding the loss of paying markets, I don't doubt that there will be a knock-on effect from the loss of borders, but there is always the chance that the markets will see this as the chance to adapt and to diversify as a result.

    As a result, there may well be less of a loss than there otherwise may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far only 21 Borders are scheduled to close but there is a problem with Borders that is reminiscent of the 50's. Magazine distribution suffered when major companies like United Cigar Storeswere sold off during the fifties. United Cigar was a major venue for magazine sales but the value of its real estate in the cities far exceeded the total value of its outstanding shares. I foresee the same fate for Borders its get bought out because the value of its real estate property far excedes its stock marKet value.

    ReplyDelete