Tuesday, July 27, 2010

STILL ANOTHER WELCOME

First a welcome to my 15th follower.  Secondly I now have a tweeter account but I still have to figure out how to access it.  Lastly before the day is finished I am going to do three book reviews; two are joint collections by Mary Turzillo and Marge Simon and the thirsd is a collection by Turzillo only which brings up a beef.

Mary is one of the most important poets working within the sf/f/h genres and she doesnt get much buzz.  I think the reason is an odd one at first.  She has many appearences in the major newsstand and commercial markets like ANALOG, ASIMOV'S and WEIRD TALES but that is also her problem.  Relatively few sf/f/h poetry fans read the major genre magazines.  Just check out how few poems that appear in ASIMOV'S gets nominated for the Rhyslings.  The other matter is that much of her work is humorous and humorous poems dont get the respect they deserve though she does get her fair share of Rhysling nominations.

There I feel better getting it off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment