Monday, April 19, 2010

A LITTLE BAD NEWS

First I know that I misspelled the word 'Popular' in my previous post.  Now the real bad news.  FOCUS is a semi-annual magazine on  the art and craft of writing science fiction.  and is published by the British Science Fiction Society  They are now suspending its policy of publishing poems because they are not getting enough poems.

I am of two minds about this.  One is that normally I do not get too upset when  a non-paying market stops publishing poetry but FOCUS is an important showcase for poetry and technically its a fanzine or an academic journal or actually a combination of both.  I hope that it goes bacjk to publishing poetry.

I am going to end this post on a positive note.  Several twitterzines pays for poetry.  The  amount is token, $1-$5  but hey its the principal.  I would like to hear from people on their experience in submitting to twitterzines.

1 comment:

  1. >>I would like to hear from people on their experience in submitting to twitterzines.<<

    I sold several poems to the tweetzine "Microcosms." It specializes in short-short speculative poetry.

    ReplyDelete