Monday, April 26, 2010

LOOKING FOR FILK IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES

I found at least two filk publishers along with their web sites; Random Factor http://www.random-factor.com/ and Prometheus Music at http://www.prometheus-music.com/.  I understand that there is a third, Wall Songs but I cant find its web site.

On another note, Warren Buff (please no Warren Buffet jokes) the co-chair of this year's NASFiC  ReConstruction being held in Raleigh  NC is strongly interested in having poetry programing at the con.  So google ReConstruction and pop in there in order to give ideas to Warren Buff.

1 comment:

  1. Scott, good to see your blog. The link to Random-factor.com does not work, but thanks for the Prometheus link. I can't believe I've never heard filk music before. I remember learning about it on some discussion board back in the 90s when the Internet was still newish. I had imagined something less polished. This is great music. Keep the blog going. You should post some of your poetry.

    ReplyDelete